Homophones

Homophones - words that sounds the same but have different meanings and usually different spellings

Example:
write - right
read - red
eight - ate
eye - I
sail - sale
dear - deer

Activity

I. Fill in each sentence with the correct word. 
to: a function word 
too: also 
two: a number

  1. I am going ______ read a book
  2. Donald ran _____ miles
  3. Is Ann coming _______ ? 
  4. She got ____ wrong on the test. 
  5. My brother likes ______ play baseball
  6. I was at the park ____ times today. 
  7. Those clothes are ___ expensive. 
  8. Cindy got ___ strikes in bowling 
  9. I need ___ write ____ pages for school. 
  10. I need you ___ help me it's ____ heavy.
II. Fill in each sentence with the correct word. 
There: used to refer to a place 
Their: means belonging to them 
They're: is a contraction meaning they are

  1. They went to visit _____ aunt. 
  2. Please put your coats _____. 
  3. Kim likes eggs only when _____ hard-boiled.
  4. _____ house is almost one hundred years old! 
  5. Have you been _____ yet? 
  6. _____ looking for _____ lost cat.
  7. Tomorrow, _____ throwing a graduation party. 
  8. ____ going to Hawaii for summer vacation. 
  9. ____ is no more milk left.
  10. What did you see over _____ ? 
  11. On Sunday, _____ family plays tennis. 
  12. Eva played with _____ new puppy.
III. Circle the correct word to complete the sentence

  1. My dog hurt his front (paws, pause) from digging in the yard.
  2. I (past, passed) all of my timed math tests and spelling test.
  3. My father cut the (bored, board) in half for my tree house.
  4. We (won, one) all of our soccer games this season.
  5. My mother has to (sew, so) my blue button onto my coat.
  6. Can you help me brush and comb my sister's (hair, hare)?
  7. Grandma's favorite (flour, flower) is the rose.
  8. Timmy can't (fined, find) his homework.
  9. We are going to chop some (wood, would)
  10. I am not (allowed, aloud) to drink soda.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kabuhayan noong panahon ng Kastila

Talambuhay ni Liwayway A. Arceo

Basketball Hand Signals