Pillows for your babies, Safe or Not?

Zechariah Ethan on his first week
When I gave birth to my son, most people around me suggest to remove those pillows, teddy bears or animal stuff toys, and bumpers because it may cause suffocation for my little boy. My friends also told me that there are chance for Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID) for younger babies if I have pillows beside my babies crib.

As a new parent, I follow some suggestions like removing those animal stuff toys in his crib. Why? Am I afraid of the SID? Maybe but I'm  much of concern about the dust that the toys will give to my baby. It can cause skin allergies to my baby or worst it can give him some bacteria.

Having pillow helps him to sleep well. He likes it when two long pillows are beside him. I also notice that it helps him to breathe when his head is elevated by the pillow. I think having a pillow or not at a younger age will depend on the ability of the child and of course with the help of their parents. All babies are different and most will let you know if they are ready to have pillow.

Pro's

  1. It will help a child if he had his head elevated for a nasal problems like a cold. A pillow will help him sleep better
  2. A special pillow, his favorite, will help provide your child a emotional comfort.


Con's

  1. Pillows can be dangerous for babies. They can cause suffocation, either by the baby turning face down and burying his face in the pillow or by getting his head under the pillow.
  2. It can cause to Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SID)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Kabuhayan noong panahon ng Kastila

Talambuhay ni Liwayway A. Arceo

Basketball Hand Signals